It all started with a passion for good food and craft beer.
Slater’s 50/50® was founded in 2009 in Anaheim Hills, California by Scott Slater, a SoCal native with a passion for bacon, burgers and craft beer and a disdain for the boring. Bonded by the belief that bacon is meat candy, Scott teamed up with Executive Chef Brad Lyons to create the original 50/50 patty– made of 50% ground bacon and 50% ground beef – and a menu full of amplified burgers and indulgent dishes to pair with one of the most mind-blowing selections of local and regional craft beer available on tap anywhere. As word spread and lines of hungry guests grew, so did Scott’s passion to push the culinary envelope in an environment that was relaxed, fun and most importantly, designed to be customizable for his guests’ preferences.
Over the past five years, Slater’s has opened locations in Huntington Beach, San Diego Pasadena, Lake Forest, Rancho Cucamonga, and San Marcos, much to the delight of bacon, burger and craft beer worshipers everywhere. Since opening, Slater’s 50/50 has won numerous “Best Of” awards and is constantly mentioned among the best of the best in local, regional, and national media outlets including People.com, Food & Wine, Huffington Post, The Howard Stern Show as well as being featured on national television shows including the Travel Channel’s Bacon Paradise and Discovery Channel’s United States of Bacon.
It’s All About You.
Our goal is to make sure you leave happy, full and feeling like you had a great experience, from the moment you walk in the door to the moment you walk out (and beyond). Whether it’s posting a pic of your badass burger creation on Instagram, telling us how we’re doing on Yelp, or checking in with us on Facebook or Twitter, our guests fuel our pride in delivering a Slater’s 50/50 experience centered on top notch service and the freshest, highest quality ingredients available.
Slater’s 50/50 weighs all of its patties AFTER cooking and uses only the finest corn-fed Holstein beef. Brandt Beef- The True Natural is a family owned, premium natural beef producer in Southern California that is dedicated to sustainable practices. Brandt Beef maintains a “farm-to-fork” philosophy which involves raising its animals humanely and naturally WITHOUT any hormones or the use of antibiotics. A true “Never-Never” program.
Slater’s 50/50 bacon is from preferred and carefully selected center cut pork bellies. It is Double Hickory Smoked & is gluten and MSG-free.
- 2014 Favorite Restaurant for a Burger Pasadena Cheeseburger Week
- 2014 Pasadena Cheeseburger Week – Cheeseburger Challenge – Favorite Alternative Burger Pasadena Restaurant Week
- 2014 Best Beer Selection Readers’ Pick San Diego Magazine
- 2014 Best Pace to Watch the Game Runner Up San Diego Magazine
- 2014 Best Burger Peninsula Beacon
- 2014 Best American Peninsula Beacon
- 2014 Best Place for a Birthday Party Peninsula Beacon
- 2014 Pet Friendly Restaurant Peninsula Beacon
- 2014 Best Beer Selection, Silver Medal Peninsula Beacon
- 2013 Best Burger 2nd Place OC Hot List
- 2013 Reader’s Choice Best Beer Selection OC Weekly
- 2013 Reader’s Choice Best Burger OC Register
- 2013 Reader’s Choice Best Sports Bar OC Register
- 2013 Best Hamburger UT San Diego
- 2013 Best Sports Bar UT San Diego
- 2013 Best Business Lunch UT San Diego
- 2013 Best Beer Selection San Diego A-List
- 2013 Best Burger Pasadena Weekly
- 2013 Best Beer Selection Pasadena Weekly
- 2013 Best Burger, Best Beer Selection, Best Patio Dining, Best Place for Birthday Party Peninsula Beacon
- 2013 Best Burger Runner-Up San Diego Magazine
- 2013 Best Beer Selection Reader’s Pick San Diego Magazine
- 2013 Burger Battle Winner OC Register
- 2013 Best Burger Restaurant On the Boulevard Magazine
- 2013 Pasadena Cheeseburger Challenge Winner Pasadena Weekly
- 2013 Best Burger Arcadia Weekly
- 2013 People’s Choice San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival
- 2012 Best Sports Bar OC Weekly Readers’ Choice
- 2012 Best Happy Hour San Diego Magazine
- 2012 Best Burger San Diego Magazine
- 2012 Best New Restaurant San Diego Magazine
- 2012 Best Sports Bar San Diego City Beat
- 2012 Best Burger, New Restaurant Peninsula Beacon
- 2012 Reader’s Choice Best Happy Hour and Sports Bar OC Weekly
- 2012 Best New Restaurant San Diego Magazine
- 2012 Best Burger FOX 5 San Diego
- 2012 People’s Choice Best Burger OC Register
- 2011 Best Burger OC Metro
- 2011 Best Burger 3rd Place OC Register
- 2010 Best Burger OC Weekly
- 2010 Best New Business Anaheim Chamber of Commerce
- 2010 New Business of the Year Anaheim Bulletin
- 2010 Best Burgers in Orange County Orange Coast Magazine
As Seen On TV
Have a passion for gourmet food and craft beer? Join the award winning Slater's 50/50 team.Learn More